Tuesday 18 February 2014

SUNday

Sunday lived up to its name - we had a day's respite from the rain and storms.
For the first time since before Christmas, I hacked ice off the car to go to work.


But look what has happened to my hotbed thermometer...


..burned and melted, buckled and busted.
Earlier in the week my colleague and I had turned the manure pile and restacked it neatly.


William Cobbett (1763-1835), says to turn it at least three times,
(but he didn't have to cook the tea when he got home!)
When I checked on Saturday it was nearly 50 degrees.


I am amazed by just how hot it has got
- too hot to keep your finger in.
I'm guessing 60-70 C.
That's a temperature on your oven.
There must be an idea for a recipe there somewhere….
..'Oeufs en Cacotte' anybody?!?



5 comments:

  1. Sounds like this is quite a dangerous activity!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that just shows how well this process works! Quite amazing! My goodness...that thermometer just says it all! So glad you all got a break from the rain! A wonderful week to you! Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is pretty amazing that it got that hot! And what a contrast to the frosty grass in your first photo - lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, steaming hot, literally! What an amazing temperature for it to reach. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. wah! that is amazing! what a hot bed! x

    ReplyDelete