I am not a collector (living with a reformed hoarder means I feel the need to set a good example), neither am I a great vintage clothes shopper. Being the tallest woman in Wales (unconfirmed), means there is precious little that would fit/suit me anyway. I don't sew but I can knit and crochet - but last time I made something to wear was more than 5 years ago. It was a cardi if you're interested, and when I put it on Mr AP said 'Aha - bingo wings!' So I immediately unpicked it and made a blanket with the yarn. Yet the blogs I am drawn to read are all you girls who craft and collect and make beautiful fashion statements from bits of vintage loveliness….
But I like a recurring theme and we all have our 'things' right? Mine include:
- a certain shade of pea green
- textiles with maps
- corrugated iron (especially when it's a bit knackered and rusty)
- enamel kitchenware
- vintage americana / kiwiana / australiana
- souvenir memorabilia / postcards with pictures of really boring things (best ever was a postcard of the water reticulation plant at Coober Pedy. I bought the entire stock and sent them to everyone I knew).
- brutalist architecture / bunker chic
It's particularly satisfying when things fulfil more than one of those criteria.
So I bring you my mini collection of american scarves…
Can you spot the obsessions?
In other news -
more cleaning concrete off tiled floors
before and after in the new office
I hope it's lovely where you are,
whether you're flinging open the doors for spring,
or snuggling down for winter.